Congratulations on your winning bids and thank you for your participation in our auction. Please find information regarding payment and shipment below.
- Payment is accepted by bank wire transfer, cash, check, money order, credit cards (Amex/Visa/MC), and Paypal.
- All payment must be made in US Dollars.
- Please pay only the total amount due shown on this invoice, including sales tax if applicable. Payment for shipment should be made directly to the shipper of your choice, and should not delay payment for the auction invoice.
- Payment must be received within seven days of the auction date.
To pay by bank wire transfer, please contact us for account information.
To pay by check or money order, please make payable to Shapiro Auctions LLC and send to:
Shapiro Auctions LLC
506 East 74th Street
New York, NY 10021
To pay by credit card
- Please call us at +1 (212) 717-7500 to pay by Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- To pay by paypal, please send the payment to email@example.com, or inform us to send you a paypal money request.
- For payments by credit card or paypal, the maximum invoice amount on which payments are accepted is $5,000, and a 3% surcharge to the entire purchase price, including buyer's premium and any other charges, is added to the invoice.
- We reserve the right to require payment by methods other than credit card or paypal for any reason.
To pay in person
You can pay in person at our offices with cash, certified funds, or credit card, and pick up on the same day. Please note, that unless you have made prior arrangments, personal and business checks must clear before property is released.
SHIPMENT AND PICK-UP
- All items must be paid for before they can be released
- For shipments to domestic and international locations, while we do not ship directly, we can recommend some shippers who are local to us, and can pick-up your items from our office with your authorization. Clients are free to choose their own shippers, and these recommendations are provided only for convenience. We will not accept liability for any recommendations of shippers.
- The purchaser is responsible for insuring his or her items in transit. Once items have been picked-up or released to a shipper, they are no longer covered under our insurance.
- Payment for shipment and arrangements for shipment, must be made with the shipper directly.
- Once you have made arrangement with a shipper, please email or fax us authorizing us to release your property to that person or company.
Please follow this link for a list of recommended shippers: Shipping Advice.
To pick-up our items in person
Please call us at +1 (212) 717-7500 to make an appointment to pick up your items in person. If someone else whose name is not on the invoice will be picking up on your behalf, please email or fax to us authorizing us to release your property to that person. Payment for all items must have been received and cleared, before merchandise can be released.
TAXES AND DUTIES
- We are required to collect New York State and City Sales Tax of 8.875% on the total purchase price including buyer's premium for any purchases picked up or delivered in New York State, or appropriate sales tax if delivered to another county of New York state.
- If your items are being picked up by a shipper and sent directly outside of the U.S.A., or to another state within the U.S. besides for New York, we do not collect sales tax. However, you are responsible for paying any applicable sales taxes, VAT, or customs duties to your own country or state.
- If a private individual or purchaser picks up his items in person, we shall be required to charge sales tax unless that person has a valid certificate of authority from New York or their own state/jurisdiction with a registration number, allowing them to collect sales tax and purchase items for resale. In this case, we require the purchaser to fill out ST-120, the New York State Resale Certificate form. This form can be filled-out in person, or we can email it to you beforehand.
If you have any questions regarding payment, shipment, or other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our contact information is as follows:
Shapiro Auctions, LLC
506 East 74th Street
New York, NY 10021
Telephone: +1 (212) 717-7500
Fax: +1 (212) 717-7501